Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tiparillo cigars

I never thought something as vile and nauseous as the smell of cigar smoke could be associated with something so attractive as these brightly-colored illustrations of European-style villages on the packages of Tiparillo cigars from the early 1980s. There's this guy in our building who smokes mad cigars every couple of days and that stomach-turning stench seeps into our office. Whatever floats your boat dude. Maybe he's smoking circa-1980 Tiparillos?


Click for larger view

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

if so, go ask dude for his boxes when he's done.

Renee said...

Hey Mike! I found it funny that you showed this today. I was cleaning out old boxes of stuff from school last weekend and I found our "aboxa" project. you were on that team with me, weren't you? I don't think our packaging was quite as hot at these, though...

Mike Davis said...

HA! Aboxa paint. Did we get an A on that? Cause man... we kinda kicked serious butt on it.

Ivancillo said...

Hello,

your blog is great, I love the old beautiful designs you show us.
I´m illustrator and it was funny to see thsi boxes because actually I´m working in the same thing:
http://www.ivansolbes.com/hola/rubrique27.html