Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NY Subway Map, 1972

I was home over Thanksgiving and finally got around to snapping some photos of this vintage NY Subway map my Mom, a Brooklyn native, had held on to and then framed and hung up in our house. Maybe having this in our house growing up subconsciously inspired me as a graphic designer. Either way, this poster, designed by the late great Massimo Vignelli, has always been something I love seeing when I go visit my parents and something I enjoy more and more each time I see it.


Click image for larger view


Click image for larger view


Click image for larger view

2 comments:

Sam's Myth said...

Nice.... are you gonna post any more findings from your Nashville trip?

Otto said...

Hey there, very cool to see pics of this. Massimo Vignelli designed that. A little over a year ago, Men's Vogue commisioned him to update the map and printed a limited edition of 500. Cool site.