Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Star Wars promotional designs

I've been a Star Wars fan for as long back as I can remember. The original trilogy shaped a lot of my childhood and creative imagination. There was a great deal of fantastic design work associated with the films and here's a collection of some of it, mostly found online.



Early logo before the more commonly-known yellow on black letters came to be.





Poster for NPR's radio dramatization of Star Wars by illustrator Celia Strain. See more of her work at comicartfans.com



My all-time favorite Star Wars poster, from Israel.



The Italian design is also great. I love the creative liberties taken by the artist.



Click image for larger view

Incredible comic book ad showing off a ton of Star Wars toys.



And perhaps the most bizarre of all, this poster with C3PO and R2D2 asking parents to make sure their children have been immunized!

No comments: