Thursday, August 28, 2008

Amtrak Northwest

Tomorrow I'm heading to Seattle for the weekend. The Burlesque of North America crew is gonna be setting up shop at Bumbershoot to slang some posters. Just last night I dropped off all of our merch at the Amtrak station to be shipped off to Seattle. This reminded me of one of my favorite posters of all time which I saw hanging in the Seattle station last year. Not sure who the artist (first name in the signature looks like David) is or exactly when it was created (my official guess is 1974), but it's part of a full series of posters Amtrak released promoting travel to different corners of the continent. Super stoked to see it again in person this weekend.



Click for larger view.

3 comments:

w said...

This is fucking awesome!

Do you know the story behind why the poster was still up 20 years later?

Mike Davis said...

I think you answered your question with your opening sentence.

Jorge Ortiz said...

It looks like David Klein art...